Friday, February 15, 2008

TRAILER: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

A lot of people are raving about this trailer, but honestly, I'm not that impressed. I was totally sold up until Indy lands in the car and cracks a joke about thinking it was closer. I can understand Indiana Jones making a few wisecracks here and there (especially ones that acknowledge how old he's getting), but that line completely killed the mood for me somehow. Punch the Nazi scum, then crack a joke! The sets, costumes and props look great, but a couple of shots had some very sub-par CGI effects. A few of the action shots look like they have potential, so we'll see. I hope Spielberg doesn't pull a George Lucas and manages to deliver a good Indiana Jones film after nearly 20 years, but all the promotional stuff I've seen leaves me slightly optimistic at best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home