Sunday, January 27, 2008

BRIEF THOUGHTS: Juno

Director: Jason Reitman
Starring: Ellen Page, Michael Cera, Jennifer Garner, Jason Bateman
Synopsis: Sixteen year-old Juno finds herself forced to make big decisions when she accidentally gets pregnant.
Thoughts: Firstly, I have no idea why this movie got nominated for Best Picture, it's not that good. Secondly, I have no idea why people are raving about Ellen Page's performance - she's very good, but not Oscar-worthy. Thirdly, this is still a great film that I would recommend to pretty much anyone. I can't think of any major flaws. The movie's greatest strength is its script, which has some of the most clever dialogue I've heard in a long time, and some of the lines will probably go down in history as memorable movie quotes. If you're looking for a light, funny and family-friendly comedy with a lot of heart, definitely give this one a shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home